Cashew Chicken Recipe
Do you like to eat cashew chicken when you go out? Well, how about making it at home? Not only is it cheaper to eat at home, it is not that hard to make.
The prep time with this is about 30 minutes. But about 20 of that is just letting the chicken marinate. So it really is only how long it takes you to chop up the veggies. And the cook time is only about 5 minutes.
The serving shows as 2, these are two large portions. So if you are a lite eater you could get more servings out of this.
If you liked this cashew chicken recipe, here are a few other recipes to check out.
- Whole30 Meatloaf Recipe Also Paleo
- Chicken Feet Broth Made In The Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
- Pressure Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken With Broccoli And Tomatoes – Paleo & Whole30
- Bibimbap Recipe, Vegetarian Too! Also Very Easy To Turn Gluten Free
- 1 lbs. Chicken Breast, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 Cup Cashews, chopped or crushed
- 2 Bell Peppers, any color chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger, grated or minced
- ½ Red onion, chopped
- 2 Tsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp. Oyster Sauce
- 1 ½ Tsp. Soy Sauce
- ½ teas. White Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Touch of Salt
- In a bowl whisk together the Vinegar, Corn Starch, Water, Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce, White Pepper, Honey and Sesame Oil.
- Place the Chicken in a bowl or resealable bag and marinate with 3 Tbsp. of the sauce for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok or deep non-stick pan and 1 Tbsp. of Vegetable Oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook stirring constantly until it just turns white about 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil to the wok and add the Onions, Peppers and Ginger and stir-fry, stirring constantly. When the Peppers and Onions just start to soften add the Chicken back to the wok along with the sauce and Cashews.
- Stir constantly until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened and coats the chicken, 2-3 minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.