Instant Pot Pinto Beans Recipe
Do you have an Instant Pot or another type of pressure cooker? If so, have you made beans in it yet? They are truly amazing! Below I will share my Instant Pot pinto beans recipe with you.
Now that I have started using my Instant Pot to make beans, I will never go back to soaking and cooking again. I love turning an all day (sometimes two days) into having them done in 50 min!! They turn out super tasty and oh so soft.
Just a note, the 50 minutes is only the cook time. It will also take a little time to build pressure. I think mine was about 15 minutes or so before it was pressurized. So you want to be sure you allow for a little extra time to make sure you have them done when you are ready to eat.
So grab your Instant Pot or pressure cooker and let’s get started.
If you like this Instant Pot recipe, here are a few others to check out.
- Chicken Feet Broth Made In The Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
- Pressure Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken With Broccoli And Tomatoes – Paleo & Whole30
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe – Super SIMPLE!
- Chicken Porcupine Meatballs – Gluten Free
- 2 Lbs Dry Pinto Beans
- 8 cups Water
- 1 Bulb Fresh Garlic (peeled)
- 1 Medium to Small Fresh Onion (diced)
- Put water in the inner pot of your cooker.
- Sift beans removing any bad ones, then dump into the water.
- Add your diced onions and your peeled garlic to the water.
- Place the lid on the pot and close the valve.
- Hit the beans button and adjust time to 50 minutes
- After it is done, you can either do a quick release on the valve or let it natural release.
- Then simply put in a bowl and add salt to taste.