Tea Tree Oil Uses
Three Cheers for melaleuca, better known as tea tree oil. Tea Tree Oil has a reputation as a cure-all and it, not an exaggeration. Tea Tree has a long list uses, and no home should be without it.
Tea tree oil is known to kill bacteria and fungus, and reduce allergic skin reactions. It’s amazing, for treating athlete’s foot, lice, scabies, toenail fungus and the list goes on and on.
Tea Tree oil is easy to find these days. It can be found in most health food or drug stores. You can also find Tea Tree Oil on Amazon.
12 Uses For Tea Tree Oil
1. Acne: Mix 5 parts tea tree oil with 20 parts witch hazel. Apply to skin once or twice daily.
2. Antiseptic for Cuts: Wash area thoroughly with soap and water.
Next apply tea tree oil to the area and cover with Band-aid if needed.
3. Dandruff or Dry Itchy Scalp: Massage a few drops of tea tree oil into your scalp. Wait at least 1 hour before washing or for even better results apply before bed and wash hair in the morning. You may feel a slight tingling.
4. Deodorant: Mix 1/4 cup non-gmo cornstarch, 1/4 cup baking soda. Add 1/2 teaspoon tea tree oil and 6 tablespoons virgin coconut oil mixing with a fork until well blended. Store in glass jar. The mixture will be slightly dry, yet creamy. Use as needed.
5. Fungus Infections of the Nails: In the morning and again at night before bed wash and dry nail area, apply 100% pure tea tree oil to the infected area. Next soak a cotton ball in tea tree oil and place on top of the nail, securing in place with vet wrap or Band-aid.
6. Insect Bites: If possible Wash area thoroughly with soap and water.
Next apply tea tree oil to the area.
7. Insect Repellent: Add 15 drops pf tea tree oil to 1 pint of water and place in a spray bottle for an effective insect repellent.
8. Laundry Freshener: Add 2 teaspoons tea tree oil per load of laundry during the wash cycle.
9. Mold: In a spray bottle place 1 teaspoon Tea Tree Oil per 1 cup of water. Spray on molded area and do not rise.
10. Ringworm: Apply 100% tea tree oil undiluted to affected area 3 daily.
11. Toothbrush Germ and Bacteria Fighter: After brushing apply 1 drop of tea tree oil to your toothbrush before putting it away.
12. Trash Can OR Diaper Pail Deodorizer: In a spray bottle place 1 teaspoon Tea Tree Oil and 1 cup of water. Spray in the can or pail.