Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
If you are anything like me, you love a good sandwich. One of my favorites has to me a grilled cheese. But did you know there are so many ways to vary a grilled cheese sandwich? The possibilities really are endless! If you are looking for a new grilled cheese recipe to try, check out this recipe for a Caprese grilled cheese sandwich.
We have put together a yummy and fast recipe for the Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich. It only takes a few minutes to make and abut five to eight minutes to cook depending on your stove or grill. The key to making this sandwich is cooking it really low. When cooked too fast, the bread will darken before the sandwich and cheese is fully heated all the way through.
You can make this in a pan or by using one of those indoor grills. Either way works really well.
If you like this recipe, here are a few other recipes you may want to check out.
- Potato Soup Recipe – Made In A Pressure Cooker
- Cauliflower Chowder Recipe
- Chicken Porcupine Meatballs – Gluten Free
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Two ½ inch Slices Of Good Bread (I Used Ciabatta)
- 1 Slice Havarti Cheese
- 2-3 Leaves of Basil, Washed and Torn
- 2 Tablespoons Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Olive Oil for Brushing
- Brush the outside of each slice of bread with olive oil.
- To build your sandwich, top one piece of bread with the Parmesan, followed by the tomatoes, basil and Havarti.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and lightly brush with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the sandwich in the middle of the pan and grill it for 3-4 minutes. You want to cook this low and slow. Too high of a heat will result in a sandwich that isn't warm on the inside.
- When the sandwich is golden brown on one side, carefully flip it and cook on the other until it's golden brown and the cheese is melted.