If you are looking for a new soup or chowder recipe, I think I have one you will like. It is a cauliflower chowder recipe. I know, it is not your normal soup recipe but I think you really will love it!
This time of year everyone needs a little chowder to warm up and this one is so good!
This can be made into a gluten free recipe too. Just use your favorite all-purpose gluten-free flour in place of the normal flour. And be sure to use a gluten-free stock and bacon.
Do you have a go to soup or chowder that you love in the winter? While I love this one, but still would be a toss up with this one and a good bean with bacon soup for my go to…yum!
If you like this recipe here are a few others you may want to check out.
- Orange Ginger Carrot Recipe – Whole30 Recipe
- Chicken Porcupine Meatballs – Gluten Free
- Southern Style Ham and Beans Recipe (Great For Left Over Ham)
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly until slightly thickened about 3-4 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 12-15 minutes. Remove bay leaf and then season with salt and pepper to taste. If the chowder is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon and parsley if desired.