Crock Pot Applesauce – Easy Applesauce Recipe
Homemade Crock Pot Applesauce is a family favorite, especially in the fall when apples are plentiful! I always thought homemade applesauce was one of those recipes that was hard and complicated and I wanted an easy applesauce recipe.
Little did I know that a Crock Pot Applesauce was such an EASY applesauce recipe! The recipe is not only mouthwatering delicious, it gives your home the amazing smell of simmering apples! Adults and kids alike love it and it is so much better than sugary after school snacks! Give it a try yourself!
You may never go back to store bought applesauce again! Plus by making your own applesauce you can change it up to fit your dietary needs. If you are someone that has to have low sugar you can either use a sugar substitute or just leave it out. Just note however that if you leave out totally it may not be too sweet depending on the type of apples you use.
If you liked this recipe, here are a few others to check out.
- Spiced Pear Bread Recipe – Great Fall Recipe
- Pumpkin Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Super Easy 2 Minute Bread Pudding
- Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Water
- 3 lb Apples
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Core and peel apples then cut into small chunks.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on Low for 7-9 hours.
- You can mash if you like it slightly chunky or run through food processor or blender if you want it more smooth.
- Store in air tight containers and refrigerate.