Popsicle Recipe: Pineapple Cherry Yogurt Pops
With summer almost here, so is popsicle recipe and frozen treat season. There is nothing like an ice cold popsicle or bowl of ice cream on a hot day. Have you ever tried making your own? It is super easy to do and you may want to give my popsicle recipe a try for pineapple cherry yogurt pops.
A few things to note about this popsicle recipe is first, this recipe was made using maraschino cherries. However, it works just as well with fresh sweet cherries, if you are looking for a healthier option for your popsicle recipe. The other thing to note is that these are made using wood popsicle sticks. If you will be making a lot of frozen treats this summer, I would invest in the reusable popsicle molds that come with the sticks. They are so low priced these days and can be found at big stores or even online at places like Amazon. Not only will it be cheaper on your budget, it helps cut down on waste.
This popsicle recipe is made with pineapple, cherry, and yogurt. But I am sure if that is not your fruit of choice, you could change it up. Maybe make a pop with blueberries or even strawberries, the options are really endless!
Anyways, enough chit chat let us get down to making them! Oh, if you like this recipe, you may also want to check out Healthy Peach Frozen Yogurt In Just 5 Minutes!
- Place a couple pineapple chunks and a couple cherries into the bottom of your pop molds.
- Scoop a layer of yogurt on top and tap your pop mold onto the counter to evenly displace the yogurt.
- Now keep layering with fruit then yogurt.
- Freeze your pipe for about 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Place your mold under running hot water for 10-16 seconds to loosen your pops, wiggle the sticks, then pull out and enjoy!