Homemade Coconut Cream Larabars Recipe
Nothing like Larabars for a healthy treat on the go. But did you know you can make them cheaper than buying them? Below I will share my homemade coconut cream mock Larabars recipe.
This recipe fits with most diets including Paleo, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan and more! So just about anyone can have it!
Now while this homemade coconut cream mock Larabars recipe is healthy, you still have to watch how much you eat them. As it does have natural sugar from the dates and it has fats from the nuts and coconut.
These are great to do up a batch and toss them in a sandwich bag. Then you can just toss one in your lunch or purse for on the go.
You will need a food processor to make these. Also, you will need a rectangular dish. I used (and love) the Pyrex Simply Store 6-Cup Rectangular Glass Food Storage Dish.
I did try to do in the blender and it just does not do well to mix the dates into everything else.
If you enjoy this healthy recipe, here are a few others to check out
- Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Healthy Flourless Chocolate Cake – 3 Ingredient – Dairy, Sugar & Gluten Free!
- Strawberry Coconut Mango Smoothie – Dairy Free, Paleo, Gluten Free & Sugar Free
- Sweet And Spicy Buffalo Peanuts Recipe
- 16 Dates
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Cashews
- ½ Cup Almonds
- ¾ Cup Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
- Heat water for about 1 minute in the microwave.
- Then add dates into the water and let set.
- In food processor chop nuts and coconut.
- Then add in coconut oil and mix a few times.
- Add the dates and the water in and mix until you have a dough texture.
- Line an 8x6x2 pan with wax paper.
- Press mixture evenly into pan. Be sure to press and pack it with your hand well.
- Place the top on the dish and pop in the fridge to firm up a little.
- Then simply cut and enjoy!