Orange Ginger Carrot Recipe – Whole30 Recipe
Do you ever get sick of the same old carrot recipes? I mean carrots are a wonderful food on their own but sometimes can be a little plain. And don’t me wrong, I love honey glazed carrots as much as the next person, the only issue is the extra sugar is not so good for you. I know a lot of people that are dieting, some for weight loss, some for health and some who just can not have much sugar because they are diabetic. So, I figured there has to be another way to flavor carrots. That is when I came up with an orange ginger carrot recipe.
This recipe is pretty easy to make and takes about 25 minutes to cook. I am sure this one would also cook well in a slow cooker or a pressure cooker if you wanted to speed things up.
Best part about this orange ginger carrot recipe is that it only uses 3 ingredients and some water (would that make it 4 ingredients??) to make. You will need one pound carrots washed, ends cut off and diced. If you are not that great with a knife these hand choppers work really well. About half an oz of fresh ginger peeled and grated. They do have special ginger graters that do a nice job. Half oz is about as big around as your thumb and about as long as your thumb. You will also need 4 oz of fresh squeezed orange juice (can also use pre-squeezed) and 4 oz of water.
If you like this recipe, here are a few others to check out.
- Healthy Flourless Chocolate Cake – 3 Ingredient – Dairy, Sugar & Gluten Free!
- Chicken Porcupine Meatballs – Gluten Free
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Bites That Are Diet Friendly
- Whole30 Meatloaf Recipe
- Whole30 Potato Bites
- 1 lb Fresh Carrots
- 4 oz Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 4 oz Water
- ½ oz Fresh Ginger
- Wash carrots and cut ends off. Then dice the carrots and place in a deep skillet.
- Add in fresh squeezed orange juice and water.
- Peel ginger and grate it and add to the skillet.
- Cook 10 minutes on medium to low heat covered.
- Remove the lid and cook another 10 minutes on medium-high heat. Be sure to stir it a few times to keep from sticking to bottom and making sure all carrots get coated on the juice ginger mixture.
- Then cook on high heat for 3-5 minute while stirring to get a slight caramelized color on the carrots.