With fall comes all the wonderful flavors, such as pumpkin, apple, and cranberries. Finding recipes for pumpkin and apple is always super easy, but how about cranberries? If you find you have a bunch or cranberries in your kitchen, here is a wonderful recipe for a pecan shortbread cranberry cookie!
If you can not have nuts or just do not care for pecans, you can leave them out and this recipe will still work. Also if you have to have gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free multipurpose flour in place of the normal flour.
Other than the ingredients to make this recipe, you will only need a few other items. You will need a mixing bowl, good cookie sheet, and some plastic wrap. If you do not like to use plastic wrap, you could also use wax paper or parchment paper in its place.
I do not know about you, but I just LOVE a good shortbread cookie. They go great with a tall glass of cold milk or a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Pecan Shortbread Cranberry Cookie Recipe
If you liked this recipe, here are a few others you may want to try.
- Healthy Flourless Chocolate Cake – 3 Ingredient – Dairy, Sugar & Gluten Free!
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies That Are Healthy And Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Spice Ginger Lacey Crunch Cookies
- 2 sticks salted (real) butter at room temperature
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups flour (or Gluten Free flour)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ chopped dried cranberries
- ¼ cup organic sugar (for rolling cookies in)
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add milk and vanilla, mix well. Add cranberries and pecans.
- Roll up so that it makes 2 logs about 8 x 1 ½”. Cover with cling wrap then chill them for about 2 hours in the refrigerator or freezer for 30-60 minutes to allow dough to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove wrap and slice the cookies into about ¼” thick. Then roll the edges of cookies in sugar.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes.